- Honey bees live in large colony of up to 50,000 members.
- The nest consists of several tiers or combs made of beeswax. It is located in cavities of trees, and building structures.
- The hornets' nest is a gray, pear-shaped "paper" envelope with several layers of combs inside, hanging from tree limbs and sometimes structures. A mature nest is bigger than a basketball.
- Hornets become aggressive and will sting when their nest is disturbed or threatened.
Signs of infestation: visual sighting of the hive, nest or swarmers.
Why Control Them?
- May cause danger to lives
What we do:
- Chemical spraying.
- Removal of nest.
- Precautionary burning.